Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Apple Fritters and Diggers!

The township that my parents live in has been undergoing an implementation of public sewage.  The crews have been working all winter digging and installing the pipelines.  They have finally made it to my mum and dad's house.  I say finally, not because my parents were impatient,  but because my two little construction loving boys have been waiting and waiting and waiting!  They were so excited to finally be able to go and watch all the diggers in their muddy glory! 

So I packed up a change of clothes for each boy, the snowsuits, hats, mittens, scarves and snow boots.  I packed up lunches and snacks.  I threw in their school backpacks so we could stay until the boys had to go to preschool.  Plus the kids each packed a bag of toys to take along (and I thought packing the diaper bag was a feat).

My mum made us a delicious breakfast of apple fritters and pancakes!  After we ate, it was time to suit up (enter visions of A Christmas Story) and head outside to watch the diggers!  The boys were amazed!  Their smiles stretched across their dear little faces.


Where does this story fit into the "We Can Do It" journey?
In finding the moments to spend with family.  And really enjoying life!  It would have been very easy for me to just stay at home today.  It's cold, it's a school day and I knew this special trip was going to wind up the crazy in the boys (does running in circles and shouting "Peach Jam!, Peach Jam!" enter the crazy contest?)  But I'm trying to make sure that I create memories for the boys and enjoy their joy while they are little. 

We Can Do This! 

Spending time with family and having fun while doing it doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money! 
I challenge you to find something to do with your family and friends that doesn't require an admission price!
I'd love to hear what you come up with!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!