Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Water Water Water

If you've read a few of my earlier posts, you'll know that drinking water is a challenge for me.  But today I'm back on track (gotta keep trying, can't give up).  I needed a way to track my water progress.  I didn't want to keep track in a notebook.  I'm a very visual person.  I needed something where I could actually SEE my progress.  But I also wanted a system where I physically move a tracker to keep count of my water intake, like a mini celebration every time I drink a glass.  I don't have a picture of my first attempt of a water tracker, but  just imagine...... a blue pipe cleaner with eight multi-colored Foamie beads strung onto it, hanging from one of the door handles of my kitchen cabinets.  I used what materials I had around the house (with a three and five year old, Foamie is abundant).  It worked, but it was unattractive UGLY!
Today, I'm on to a new and different method.  Eight rubber bands around my glass!  Every time I drink a glass of water, I get to remove a rubber band.   Seems simple enough. 

I'll let you know how it goes!

How do you make sure you're drinking enough water in a day?  I would love any tips!

We Can Do This!



Well, I said I'd let you know how it goes.  So far so good!  It is 5:21 pm and I have seven glasses down, one to go!  I like this rubber band method MUCH better than my ugly hanging pipe cleaner.  I get such enjoyment from taking off a rubber band once I finish up a glass!  I'll have to see how it goes by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!