Just finished eating my apple for the day. Eating an apple a day is part of the 21 Day Challenge (read about the challenge here) I like Gala apples....nice and sweet and crisp.
Are you following along on the 21 Day Challenge? What kind of apples are you eating?
Here are 6 reasons why we SHOULD be eating an apple a day according to an article by Care2.com on the Mother Nature Network.
- Apples are loaded with soluble fiber. It helps to stabalize insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream.
- Apple pectin helps in reducing cholesterol by lowering insulin secretion.
- Researchers have found by eating five apples a week, one can lower the risk for respiratory diseases like asthma.
- Apples are packed with vitamins C and A.
- According to a Brazilian study, eating an apple before a meal helped women lose 33 percent more weight than those who didn't.
- An apple has only 50-80 calories and has no fat or sodium.
We Can Do This!