Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Oh my rainbows and leprechauns! Is it too late to decorate?

Do you love to decorate for the holidays?  We love all things holiday at our house.

My oldest superhero asked me if we could decorate for Easter today.  "Sure, just as soon as I decorate for St. Patrick's Day" I said.  We're a little behind in the holiday round up this year.

My husband bought me a Cricut for Christmas!  Yippeeeee!  I've been playing with it here and there.  But I haven't had a good chunk of time to really explore and create something. 
My superheros have been begging me to get the cricut out so they can help.  So that's just what we did.  I pulled out some paper and started cutting shamrocks.  One superhero loads the cutting mat, one superhero gets to push the cut button.  They were delighted!

Here is what we made!  A shamrock garland.  It's simple but I'm still learning.

 
 

I'm not thrilled with the lettering color.  I should have picked out something brighter.  But hey, It's done.  In the past I would have ruminated over color choice, shape, size and never took action to actually DO the project.  I would have been afraid that it wouldn't turn out perfectly.  Well, in this case, it's better to have a done project than to not have one at all.  And the bonus is the boys had a blast! 
Do you put off doing things because you are afraid they won't be perfect?  I have in the past, but I'm breaking out!  You can do it too.  Go ahead, who cares if it's not perfect! 
We Can Do This!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!