Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stress Sucks!

How does stress affect you?  Do you eat everything in sight?  Do you loose your appetite?  Do you just sit down and cry? Or do you thrive on stress.... grit your teeth and bear it?
I don't handle stress very well.  It gets the best of me.  It makes me want to throw up my hands and surrender.

When I feel completely stressed I picture myself running away down a deserted road.  Running as fast as I can, heart pounding so hard I think it will jump out of my chest, until I'm so exhausted I no longer have the ability to feel any emotion.  Lord knows at my current level of physical fitness I would be able to run approximately 500 feet before I fell to the ground gasping for air.  My body is telling me that it needs a physical outlet!  It needs to be out of breath and sweat!  It's telling me to build endurance.  It is telling me "This is the way to handle the stress!"  EXERCISE!

It seems that the only reasonable time for me to workout will be in the early morning before my kids wake up. They are usually up and ready to rock and roll by 7:30 am or earlier.  This means I will need to be up by 6:00 am to eat something and head downstairs to workout. UGH!  I hate getting up in the morning.   
Dozens of times before I have set my alarm with good intentions to get up and exercise. 
It always has the same outcome:
Clock radio blares in my ear, my hand slams the snooze button and in 2.3 seconds I'm back asleep for nine more glorious minutes.  Repeat this cycle several more times until my kids wake up or I have only 23 minutes left to shower, dress, eat and leave for work.  Then I scold myself inside my head for being weak and unmotivated.  Well guess what?  I'm going to give it another try.  My body needs this!  I need this! 

I'll let you know how it goes.....
When do you exercise?
We Can Do This!


UPDATE:
I said I would let you know how it went....phhhh.

My youngest woke up at 4:20 am because his diaper leaked.  I got him changed and back to bed.  I laid in bed wide awake...having a conversation with myself in my head "You should just get up and exercise now since you can't fall back asleep."  "It is only 4:40 am.  You'll be able to get a little more sleep before your alarm goes off." 
So I laid there until 5:10 am.  That must be when I fell asleep because I woke up at 5:15 am when my youngest crawled in my bed.  He snuggled right in.  'Sigh'.  Now it's either lay here with him OR he will be up and ready for the day.  I turned off my alarm.
I will figure something out.  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!