Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pulling Weeds

This evening I was pulling weeds in my flower beds.  Weeds grow in our beautiful flower gardens whether we like it or not.  They are unattractive and compete with plants for water and nutrients.  But with some consistency they can be managed.  It just takes a little time and some motivation, and a willingness to get your hands dirty.

Where am I going with this?

I guess I am trying to relate beautiful flowers to our own beautiful bodies.  That's right!  Beautiful!  Each of us is a beautiful flower growing in the garden of life.  Flowers come in all shapes, sizes and colors yet they are ALL God's beautiful creations.  WE are ALL God's beautiful creations.  Some of us are fully bloomed and weed free!  Some of us need a bit more fertilizer and need the weeds to be pulled.  But every single one of us is beautiful and has the potential to fully bloom!

My blooming gets stunted because I allow too many weeds to stay in my garden.  I dwell on the negative things in my life, the weeds.  Things like:  The customer that yelled at me or not always feeling like I have the most patience with my kids, comparing myself to others and not being at my ideal fitness level or weight.  It's time to pull the weeds.
Stop letting these unattractive thoughts and ideals compete with my well being and happiness. 
Allow myself to bloom fully! 

Everyone knows that weeds grow back.  We need to be consistent in pulling out the weeds.  If we do nothing, the weeds consume the flowers and the flowers start to wither. 

Allow yourself to bloom into the beautiful flower you were meant to be!
Let's drink more water, feed our bodies well and keep the weeds at bay.
We Can Do This!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!