Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm Ba--ack!

Hello!
Long time, no see...ey?
Not sure what my problem was, but I'm ready to get back in the saddle and blog!  I would like to make this blog about happy self improvement.  You know, making healthier lifestyle changes, organizing, cleaning, being happy or just spending time with the people you love.  I want to make this a little blog of sunshine!  Yes, I know there are 10 million blogs out there all about this same exact thing!  I'm jumping in while it's fresh and fun!  I have a lot to learn (blog appearance being one of them)!  I'm hoping you will hop on and come along!

I've been on an organizing kick since the start of 2013.  I started by finding a great pin on Pinterest...One Year Of Organizing by Simplify 101.  I LOVE this!  Simplify 101 has monthly printable lists to help you get your house in order over the course of a year!  So you don't have to feel like you need to purge, clean and organize your ENTIRE house in one weekend! 

And then right before Lent, I found this other great blog, White House Black Shutters, with a  40 Bags in 40 Days 2013 Declutter Challenge .    It's about clearing out the clutter to simplify your life.  I took on this challenge as a Lenten project AND I decided that I would add daily exercise for 40 days (hoping I would start a new habit.....how many days does it take to make a habit again?  I forget).

So far, so good!  I have some pictures of my organizing process!  As part of the February list from Simplify 101, I needed to organize my medicine cabinet. 

Here is the before:
 
And here is the after:


I threw out some outdated stuff, moved a couple of items out of there (not sure why I had my husband's ball cap cleaner in there) and bought some baskets at the Dollar Store!  It looks much better.  And the items are no longer in danger of falling into the potty below!
The Free Printable Labels are from BHG!  Thank you Better Homes and Gardens!  Love them!

Well that wraps up a silly little post....
Have a sunshine day!  And remember, We Can Do This!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!