Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Great For You!

Tonight I made turkey burgers for dinner.  I'm not that great of a cook but I do make a mean turkey burger.  I was trying to come up with a side dish for a turkey burger but the only thing that I could manage was French fries.  But before you gasp and judge me for being such a terrible mom as to serve my children frozen french fries on a Monday night, take a look at this!  Look at the lower right hand corner of the bag!



See? It's okay.  These french fries are Great for you! 
There's even a little man doing a healthy jumping jack!  Or is he jumping for joy?
 
Can you even believe it?  I knew choosing french fries was not the best choice.  I didn't really want to make mac & cheese (really that is no better than fries. Is it?)  We had salads for lunch.  And the only other veggie I have is frozen peas.  My boys would rather eat worms than peas.  So french fries it was.  But then I spotted the little jumping jack man.  My guilt and shame was instantly lifted because choosing frozen french fried potatoes is GREAT FOR YOU!  What's next?  Healthy fish sticks?

On a less sarcastic note, I did it!  I actually went for a walk/jog/walk/jog/walk/jog/walk!
Bring on tomorrow!  Cause rain or shine, I can do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!